Welcome to MDiocre
Latest release: v3.3.dev2 (2021-04-30)
download | changelog | github
Yet another static site generator you probably might not like. Basically it takes these ingredients and spits out an entire site:
- An HTML template
- An article / page file formatted for MDiocre
- ...That's it, you literally just place them in the directory structure that best reflects your website.
It does have some pretty nifty features though:
- Extensible - MDiocre supports quite a range of markup, so long as
it has comments or special markers for MDiocre to hook on. Currently,
MDiocre comes bundled with support for the following markup:
- Markdown (GitHub-flavored)
- Zim Wikitext
- Dynamic - Upon building, MDiocre's CLI generator copies your entire site directory structure as laid out on your source folder, processes the MDiocre-formatted files and copies the rest. That way, you can structure your pages as messy or as neatly as you like without adhering to some arbitrary standard that i.e. I impose.
- Adaptable - Besides just being a pretty interface, it's also a Python module. That way, you can create scripts to automatically generate RSS feeds, paginate, use tags... Then again, I'd need to make some sort of "standard library" for those soon, so you can just use them. There is documentation available though, if you want to make use of this.